Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Read Aloud Favorites

Today was the marathon trip to the library my blessings have been begging for! We checked out gobs of books, a beloved tradition, and snuggled tonight while Joel went all out on the Christmas tree lights this year (because he loves his wife).

Some of our very favorites:

Silver Packages by Cynthia Rylant
She is the most amazing author in my book. You just about can't go wrong with anything she has written, but this is a treasure.


Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett, always a favorite


The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
What a fool I was to scoff at this book until two years ago. I laughed so hard I cried. The kids LOVE it! A complete treat and MUST read!

Lastly, the very best pick of the season:

Christmas in the Country by Cynthia Rylant
If you haven't read this one yet, go get it this instant! It is a delight. We read it again and again and again and we never get tired of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Regan,

    I highly recommend The Christmas Crocodile and A House Full of Christmas.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete