Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

how may I serve Christ today?

around here, we are getting back to basics.

things have been such a whirlwind.

so much change.

so many challenges.

so many blessings.

basically, the bottom line is, I have been challenged by God to do what He called me to do.

simple things.

not easy things, as my favorite author Elisabeth Elliot always points out.

simple things.

I am struggling with this.

obedience.

dishes. laundry. meal making. school lessons.

when really my mind is preoccupied with appearances. impressions. getting it all together.

the things that are so important to me, but not so important to God.

so how can I serve Christ today, and not myself?

I can serve Christ today by

...humbling taking up the Social Studies lessons that are left for us to do without moaning or complaining (don't I ask my children to do the same thing?)

...making time for a simple prayer time to begin my day. a simple Bible time in the morning, before the kids get up. a simple Bible time at the breakfast table when they are up

...speaking words of life to each child

"All work, if offered to Him, is transformed."
Elisabeth Elliot
Secure in the Everlasting Arms

1 comment: