Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Diving In

Joel and I have just begun the process of adopting from Rwanda. We have applied with an adoption agency named America World. They work with six countries currently, with a couple of pilot programs in the works, I think, in India and Brazil. We looked at all the countries they offered and it was so hard to pick one!

We have been praying about this decision for ages, and really sensed God wanting us to begin this now. We've read about a hundred blogs (thank you all for your faithfulness to blog your journey and let beginners like us learn from you!), and talked to many people, and just decided to dive in. (enter our theme song from Steven Curtis Chapman: I’m diving in, I’m going deep in over my head, I want to be caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head, I want to go, the river’s deep, the river’s wide, the river’s water is alive so sink or swim, I’m diving in)

We are now in the gather-tons-of-documents-and-get-them-all-notarized stage, and looking for the mail to come has become quite exciting as we wait for things to come back to us (such as birth certificates). Our home study begins this Friday and we have just started an online adoption training course. There is lots to do, and we have so much to learn, but we're diving in!

No comments:

Post a Comment