Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

The Path We're On

This is how it all began.

In a Romanian orphanage back in 1995, these two precious little ones stole my heart and set it ablaze for adoption. How I longed to scoop these two up and take them home with me each week I visited. I schemed and dreamed of ways to make it happen, to beat the odds of a 21 year old single woman actually being successful in parenting, to change forever the lives of two orphans.

But it wasn't what God had for me at that time in my life.

And while I couldn't adopt those two, they played a significant role in shaping my heart for adoption. They gave me a glimpse of my Father's heart for the fatherless. They gave me my first taste of wanting to defend those who have no voice.

So, now, fourteen years, one amazing husband, and four children later, we have officially started on the path of international adoption.

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things,
things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blogsite! I have a new favorite to check daily. (BTW Your kids are too cute for words.) I am so glad we can walk this road together.

    Love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete