Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

the tables have turned

unbelievable.

one week ago, i was in the depths of despair (oh yes I do love Anne Shirley), convinced we would *never* make any progress whatsoever in our adoption or in our lives. I was convinced God was against me and that He was only *for* other people.

the long wait in this adoption had really taken a toll, I'm sorry to say, and I was just sure that waiting was my lot in life.

last week, I was on the phone with my one of my sweet adoption buddies, who just spoke Scripture over me and reminded me that God is FOR me and that He knows what is best.

yeah, yeah i've heard it before.

but Scripture always does what it sets out to accomplish, and it did make a dent in my hard heart. I am thankful for friends who speak the truth, whether or not it is what we want to hear. (thank you, LB!)

sometimes I just want to hear myself talk, instead of listening to God. And then:

God spoke the word I had been waiting to hear for nearly two years: referral.

we trembled, we turned on the video camera, we clicked the email open...we cried.

there they were. the two we had prayed for, longed for, dreamed about.

and they are beautiful!

"On this day the enemies of the Jews had hoped to overpower them, but now the tables were turned and the Jews got the upper hand over those who hated them.

2 comments:

  1. Saying we're thrilled for you doesn't even begin to cover it! We'll be watching your blog and praying like crazy.

    Love you!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reagan, I am rejoicing with all of you!!! You're in my prayers... Liz

    ReplyDelete