Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

God Makes All Things New

Happy New Year!

I love January 1st! What a great time to thank God for all the things He did (and didn't do) in 2009, and to thank Him for all the things He will do in 2010. By His grace, our family will grow during this year, and we can't wait!

I love to clean out the clutter and vacuum up Christmas tree needles (well, really, my husband did that). I love how empty the family room looks now that it is back to normal. I love to get rid of old stuff and make room for the new. Worn out socks. Hopeless dish towels. New things are delightful!

I love that on this day, I am reminded to praise God for the fact that He makes all things new. Don't you just love that about God? He makes all things new. He doesn't need it to be January 1st...every day is like January 1st when you walk with God. It is always a great day to begin again, receive new mercy, receive His strength to change something that continues to plague me. Oh, how I need that mercy.

God, tonight I ask You to bring a loving hand to an orphan, to stifle a cry, to pat a back, or to wipe a nose. I ask You to bring hope to people who have lost hope. I ask You to restore broken things, to make them new.

And thank You for January 1st and the reminder that the all things new idea came from You. All those magazines about getting organized and cleaning things out are just a reflection of You, echoes of Your love for beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to talk to you about all things Rwanda! Your posts always encourage me to walk more closely with the Lord....thank you.

    ReplyDelete