Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Staying Sane


Just a quick post to tell you about a great book I am reading entitled "A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family" by Mary Ostyn. I asked for this book for Christmas after reading a blurb about it on the fabulous blog Cultivatinghome.blogspot.com This woman had four biological children and then they adopted six more! She has all sorts of practical helps in the book and all sorts of encouragment. Hannah from Cultivating Home gave this quote from the book and it stirred my interest:

"It bothers Jenni when people think she had a large family because she was born with unusual patience or organization or spirituality.

'If I do, in fact, display any of those characteristics, it is through the constant stretching and pummeling that my flesh has gone through in the process. And this is the crux of my reality...the one thing I want folks to know: I am the same as you. We all have opportunities for growth. I call mine children.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment