Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

how do you spell love?

**rejoicing today with other families who have waited so long to hear good news: referrals! Read here, here, and here!
******************************************************************
today was a crazy day.

there were dishes in the dishwasher that needed to be taken out (clean), dishes in sink that needed to be put in (dirty), dishes wrapped around the counter waiting to be dealt with.

there is clean laundry waiting to be put away, clean laundry waiting to be sorted in a heap upstairs, dirty laundry everywhere.

it was a hard core school day. you know, the kind that you have to have if you want to have lighter days on Fridays. which we do. on Fridays, that's great. On Wednesdays when you have to work, not so great.

This afternoon, I went out to get the mail. I don't usually get the mail since my kids like to do that job, but today I did.

And there was a big bulky envelope waiting for me. Addressed to ME. from one of my very favorite people in the entire world. the person who has loved me the longest of anyone else on this planet.

I went inside, put down my keys and the trash I had gathered from the car, and the rest of the mail. I tore open the package, and there were two "home" kinda magazines (my faves), a Starbucks gift card (my total fave), and a sweet note from my mom.

I melted.

I love that she thought of me.

how did she know?

(well, maybe it was the text I sent her last Thursday asking her to come immediately to my house, a seven hour drive, because I was totally exhausted and officially retiring.)

thanks so much, mom. it meant the world.
my mom and her mom
reading with Kate

helping Marie with her homeschool

meeting Malachi

helping Elizabeth eat something totally yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment