Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

whoa--weekend catch up

the weekend.

the l-o-n-g beautiful weekend

so great to have Joel home for an extra day. I just breathe better when he is here!

Friday, homeschool choir started back up for the year after being cancelled last week due to Hurricane Irene. Fridays are not a typical homeschooling day, and it is a fun break to get out and see friends!

then we had our first violin lesson with our new violin teacher for the girls. our old and beloved teacher moved quite suddenly. we were so sad. this first lesson went pretty well. it's always hard to get used to new people and what is important to them (typically very different than what was important to the previous teacher.)

sold our double jogger on craigslist.

Friday night was MOVIE NIGHT. This is our newest thing. The kids ask for movies much less if they KNOW we are watching one on Friday night. Last week was Soul Surfer, which we all loved, but Caleb pretended he didn't. I highly recommend it. This past week we watched Ramona and Beezus. Hmmmm. Not sure I recommend that one. I love movies where the siblings speak KINDLY to each other!

Saturday, we cleaned up, and Marie and I got ready for our special date. More on this special date next post.

While Marie and I were on our special date, Joel kept the crew, mowed the lawn, MOPPED the floor (I know!!!) and got the house in great shape. He is so awesome.

That night we had dear friends come for dinner. There were kids everywhere, and it was loud, but fellowship with good friends, especially ones who don't live here anymore, is a gift. Thank you, Brian and Amanda!

Sunday was a sweet worship time, and it even included Starbucks with my husband. It just doesn't get better than THAT! then we had an unexpected cancellation in our schedule so we had a quiet afternoon at home...which meant nap for me!

sold another stroller we had but didn't use anymore (purge city around here, I feel like I can't breathe!)

yesterday we had a very fun cookout with some friends over at our house. it was a ton of kids running around, so it was NOT quiet, but it was fun. we had burgers, hot dogs, sweet potato fries, fruit salad, orzo salad, and rice krispie treats. lots of people contributed so it was a delicious feast! Great to catch up with old friends and get to know some new ones.

Phew! I'm tired just writing about it. Somebody at the cookout last night asked me how our adjustment was going. I hadn't thought about it in awhile...I told him that I think the big "A" adjustment is over and done and complete (yay! said with a tired smile), and that the little "a" adjustments would be a new part of our lives for years. we still have so much to learn and so far to go, but God is here, my friends. God is here.

1 comment:

  1. wow. that's quite a weekend. i LOVED soul surfer. we don't own many movies..i would love to own that one. (and i would love to live at the beach...i think that's part of it...)

    so encouraging to here big A is over and little a's are what's left...

    ReplyDelete