Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

really good books





one of our favorite things to do as a family is read.

read, read, and read some more.
we get stacks and stacks from the library and plow through them with vigor.
i love love love to read aloud to my children. now that it is getting dark so much earlier, we have been reading even more, especially after dinner.
we eat and do a quick clean up of the kitchen (the big kids help, whether they want to or not!) and then they all run and get their pajamas on.

do you remember how Malachi has blanket time? well, during reading time, he has blanket time and gets his own stacks of books. all the other kids decided they wanted to sit on their blankets, too, while I read. So there we are, all spread out, each one on his own blanket.

precious.

so tonight, Caleb read to his little siblings (without the blankets, too late tonight) and it hit me that you are likely to love these books as much as we do.

So, quick, go to the library as quickly as you can and get these:
the first
the second
the third (for Valentine's Day, but so excellent any time of year!)

and her newest, one I have not read yet:
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love reading to my babies too. I am always secretly glad when it gets dark early b/c of all the extra time to read :) I will be checking out these books soon. They look great! Thanks for always sharing...
    Emily L.

    ReplyDelete