Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Have you heard this song?


Last year when I was making a video for my sister about her adoption from Kazakhstan, I came upon this song on the internet. It is called Waiting, The Adoption Song. The guy who wrote this song was selling it for $1.50, as a fundraiser to get his daughter home! It worked, and she has been home since January 2009. This link will let you listen to a preview of the song. Once I heard it, I couldn't get it out of my head. This link will also let you read the lyrics. I highly recommend you get this song! It is the heart cry of every parent who is adopting.
www.adoptionsong.com/theSong

If you want to read my sister's blog about her adoption from Kazakhstan with AWAA, go here: hornadoption.blogspot.com

Little Maia has been home since April 2, 2008. You can see the video (which also has the Waiting song in its entirety) on my sister's blog, as I have no idea how to add a video here. I'm slow like that. This video gives a ten minute walk down memory lane, about Maia's bonding time with my sister and my mom in Kazakhstan, and her homecoming at the airport. I still cry every time. Maia is a gift! (I would love to add a picture of Maia here to go with this little paragraph, but again, I have no idea how to do that. I can add a picture with no problem, but it always ends up at the beginning of the post, instead of exactly where I want it. Any suggestions?)

PS--also no clue how to add a link! I am using the "insert link" thing, but it is not showing up! This is all so above my head. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment