Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fingerprints...Check!!!

They are done! Our appointment at USCIS was at 10:00am this morning. They were punctual, and the whole appointment went quickly. My husband was fingerprinted by one man, and I was fingerprinted by another. Joel went back before me, and yet I finished first. Hmmm. Either the man who did my fingerprints is just seriously experienced and didn't need any "do-overs", or I am going to get a big REJECT on my fingerprints being able to be read. The man who did Joel's fingerprints was very cautious, had him rub his fingers with this spray stuff several times, deleted several prints due to poor quality. Not my guy. He just did the fingerprint, ignored the flashing red light that said, "Match warning!", and went on his merry way. Each print had a score of some sort, and mine were all between 58-64. Joel's were in the 70s and 80s. What does that mean?! Has anybody out there had their fingerprints rejected? Have you had to go back? Does anybody know what the scores mean?

As we were leaving, I asked about how long it would take to get our 171-H. The man said if I had questions, to go around the corner and talk to this other lady. Hmmm. Does anybody out there know about how long one waits for a 171H? I'm sure I could look it up on the internet, but you all are much more resourceful.

Now what is on the to-do list:
--finish up photo pages for our dossier
--obsess over the mail like a mad woman from tomorrow on until I receive that 171-H
--go to our state capital and "certify" everything
--go to a copy store and make 3 copies of everything
--send to AWAA!

Does that sound right? You all may know better than me if I am missing something.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! So glad to hear you had a successful appointment. I'm sure you will pass...those machines are seriously hi-tech, aren't they?! Your next steps sound right to me. Just make sure that everything that has a notary or seal (ie birth certificates) also gets a state certification. We forgot to get our birth certificates certified and had to do them after submitting our dossier to AWAA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for fingerprints! Waiting for our appointment in the mail. Can't answer the 171-H question from experience, but here in TX the average wait (deduced from blog stalking) seems to be 4-6 weeks :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you! My name is Allie and my family and I are fairly new to the Rwanda program with AWAA (found your blog address on the yahoo group). I'm excited to get to know other families who are on this journey too!

    In Christ,
    Allie
    jabrannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete