Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

In transit

In transit. Aren't they such beautiful words?

After checking for the 487th time, the ups tracking info had good news for me. My state DSS person has FINALLY approved our home study (one day shy of 5 weeks) and it is somewhere on a UPS truck RIGHT THIS MINUTE, just waiting to be delivered to CIS! WooHoo! Can somebody say, it's about time!!! I mean, just how many international home studies can there be at one time in our state? I kinda want to say, just what in the world do you DO all day, lady? But that would sound kinda impatient, wouldn't it? That would sound kinda ungrateful, wouldn't it? That would sound like I think getting my home study approved is the most important thing in the world, wouldn't it?

And just so others of you don't have a cow when you don't even need to about your own home study (how about we save our cows for when they are truly necessary), not every state requires their Department of Social Services to approve home studies. Just certain ones. Like mine.

But, in all honesty, if I have to add 5 weeks to this process, I have to admit, I absolutely love this whole tracking thing. I love the precision of it all, knowing that at 4:14 this morning, some guy in brown picked up an envelope with my home study in it, and is now driving all over the place, and at any moment, he will stop at CIS and drop it off. While that means the beginning of yet another stage of waiting (come on, 171H!), it also means one stage of waiting has been COMPLETED!

With that news and a seriously cold Vanilla Coke Zero, I am ready to start my day!

4 comments:

  1. That is great news, Regan! I bet your I-171H will come fast now. After waiting at least a month longer than the last people who received approval from Rwanda, I'm realizing timing is such a random thing. Yet, the Creator of the Universe is in control of the whole thing. Reassuring, isn't it? Praying you'll receive that manila envelope soon....
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! So glad that it is on its way to USCIS. Hoping and praying that our homestudy will be overnighted tonight and on it's way to USCIS tomorrow!! Thanks for your post yesterday- the Lord used it to encourage and convict me about a relationship that is dead- praying now that He will breathe life into it. Here's praying for your I-171H to come quickly. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your dossier to Rwanda:) My husband and I are not with AWAA- we are doing an independent adoption. I love being connected with all the other Rwanda families so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray!

    but seriously, what do they do all day for it to take 5 weeks?

    ReplyDelete