Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Down

We received Joel's birth certificate today, certified and all, in an unbelievable four days! Wahoo! One certified document down, three to go.

One side note: we knew the marriage certificate thing would take some time since we need TWO things done to it rather than just one, so we did not overnight our birth certificates. Our reasoning was that the birth certificates would not be what we would be waiting for, it would be the marriage certificate holding us up, so why rush the birth certificates. In fact, not only did we not overnight them, we just used the post office. We did, however, buy "delivery confirmation" so we knew that the offices in our birth states at the very least received our request (something I wish I had for my still-not-sent-to-us birth certificate request that I sent to DC in MAY).

Well, I have confessed before my love affair with all things tracking. It is really just a beautiful thing. Of course, what we bought was not really tracking, just delivery confirmation. But in buying that, I was given a real live number and a web address, so I was happy and free to check as many times a day as I wanted until I saw what I wanted: the magic word, DELIVERED. The post office told us that it would take 2-3 days to get it there. Well, DAYS passed and NOTHING on the delivery confirmation. I started to panic that BOTH requests were lost in the mail. Then, lo and behold, I check the mail today, and there is the birth certificate! But, according to our delivery confirmation number, the request form hadn't even been delivered!

Not only had it been delivered, but also processed, printed out, and sent back to us!

My advice: don't buy delivery confirmation. Just don't use the post office for this kind of thing.

FedEx, I am now committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment