Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prayer of Resurrection

With absolutely no adoption news of my own to report, I just had to share with you the great, great news of families in our same program (which is AWAA Rwanda, don'tchaknow) I know that those of you interested in this blog are interested in other families adopting from Rwanda, and therefore you probably already know this news, but I'm going to share it anyway!

Remember when I told you about the family adopting a little boy named Moses? How their daughter has been calling their new baby brother Moses from the beginning of the adoption process and then they get their referral and he REALLY IS Moses? Well, he is officially Moses Limmer as of yesterday! (still working on the insert link thing...HERE would be nice..www.limmerfamilyadventure.blogspot.com I just can't get it to work. Sigh.)

I just get chills! AND, another family in our group, the Higgins, also passed court and now are the proud parents of two precious boys! Their blog is www.higginsadoption.blogspot.com It is so good to get good news!

As far as non-adoption related news goes, last week my family went away for "staff training". The ministry we work with reaches out to students, and once a year, those of us on staff go away for training. We all bring our kids (there are zillions of them) and we have fun, and plan what God wants us to be doing in the upcoming year, and we discuss.

The topic this year was the Power of the Resurrection. It was so good to be reminded about something so central to my faith. Do I believe in the power of the resurrection? Do I believe God can make something dead, alive again? I think I believe it, but I was challenged with whether my belief impacts my life.

God can take dead marriages and make them alive again.
God can take dead relationships and make them alive again.
God can take dead habits and make them alive again.
God can take dead homeschools and make them alive again.
God can take dead dreams and make them alive again.

What do you need God to make alive? Changes you would love for him to make? I was reading a part of the book "Prayer" by Richard Foster yesterday and I read this: "learn the prayer of resurrection. 'Lord,' you may pray, 'bring back to life what will please you and advance your kingdom. Let it come in whatever form you desire. Let it be in your time and your way. Thank you, Lord, for resurrection.' Some things will remain dead--it is better for you that they do. (unless, of course, it is your marriage you are praying about!) Others will burst forth into new life in such a way that you will hardly recognize them. In either case, rest in the confidence that God is better than you are at resurrection."

No comments:

Post a Comment