Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On the Way!


So there was a part 2 to the story I posted yesterday after we got all the documents certified.

On the way home, I was so relieved that we had the certifying done. I was thinking I was so done for the day, and that we would finish it up the next day, ya know, after some rest, after some encouragement that I AM a good parent, and after some serious caffeine. Ya know, tomorrow would be the day we tidy up all those loose ends.

Tomorrow.

But then I got a phone call from Joel, who had just arrived home from work, and found in our mailbox document #2 that we were waiting for. For some reason, this news energized me.

I mean, really energized me. It energized me so much that we decided to meet at FedEx Kinko's, make all the copies, and send it all that very night.

Let me repeat: we met at Kinko's, with four children, after a very long day in the car, at dinner time, with some serious work to do, work that had to be completed all before 7pm, when the last FedEx guy leaves that site.

What were we thinking?

I guess we were thinking of a precious little boy or girl in Rwanda who is waiting for us to come and make them a part of our family, and of the fact that that little jewel shouldn't have to wait one extra day, especially if it is within my power to get my work done one day sooner!

Or something like that.

So, we worked. And we worked and we worked and we worked. We copied furiously, sorted, ordered, and stacked. If it weren't for my little worker bee, Marie, we never would have gotten it done in time. She worked so hard, all for her new brother or sister, that none of us know, but all of us love.

As we stood in line at 6:58pm to send this thing, we could see the FedEx guy loading up his cart with all kinds of packages, and getting it ready to take it out to his truck. As he passed us, I said, just as kindly as I could, "Don't you leave without this envelope!"

He was not amused.

He had to come back anyway for a whole other LOAD, which I didn't know, but there was just no way he was going to leave without my precious envelope.

And, off it went! Just like that! It is gone. We have two documents outstanding, my DC birth certificate (surprise surprise) and the actual certification of my marriage license. I will have those sent directly to AWAA.

And as a side note and total bonus, my husband loves all things technological, and made a video of us doing the dossier thing. He lovingly put this together for me to remember our labor of love.

1 comment:

  1. you're thinking how dang excited you are to add another kiddo to the mix!

    ReplyDelete