Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

August 31

First I thought it was November 17.
Then I thought it was November 12, then the original title of this post was November 7.

But no.

In the search for the oldest receipt that lives on our desk, there is a receipt dated August 31. From Target. For $8.05. Something Star Wars. A birthday party gift? A treat for sweet Caleb? Who knows. Who cares.

What in the world? How did we get so behind on life? I am usually a little behind on entering our receipts (all you Quicken lovers will know what this means). We love to keep up with our spending, know where our money is going. But August?! What in the world.

The bulk of the receipts really start at the beginning of November, where I guess life started to really get crazy and we couldn't keep up with normal things like entering receipts.

I am showing you this picture of my desk taken a few minutes ago. It is not to show you a before/after. It is not a project for me to do and then show you my progress. It is The Way Things Are.

As Joel and I continue to grow in our marriage, we have realized that you can take one look at our desk, and you will instantly know how we are doing...you know, emotionally, spiritually, foundationally. It is one of those indicators that really speaks volumes.

This is the way things are: M.E.S.S.Y.

Praying that we will be able to move on and deal with life that somehow started to stop on August 31...dealing with one receipt at a time, one day at a time, trusting that "in Christ all things hold together."

No comments:

Post a Comment