Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Three Things that Make Me Very Happy

1. A full trash can. The one that has pleased me most lately is the one in our study, which is currently chock full of receipts! Old ones! New ones! Stained ones! Ripped ones! They are gone. I am almost all caught up!

2. A date with my fabulous husband. We had TWO dates this week, actually. One was out to dinner at a REAL restaurant with another couple we love, and then Friday night it was our church's postponed-due-to-snow Valentine's Babysitting Night. I love being with him more than anybody in the world.

3. Very strong coffee.

4. (I know, I know, I only said 3, but I can't stop) Very good books. Right now my nightstand is overflowing. I am reading two that I can't put down: Terrify No More and The Hole in Our Gospel. So good.

5. Let's put #3 and #4 together AND #2: very strong coffee with very good books and a date with my husband! Does life get any better?

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so many people recommend The Hole in Our Gospel- must check it out. Headed on a staff retreat this week- hoping to fill up on everything on your list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love a to do list checked off. off course, usually i make the list after i've done the things to make myself feel better. if i don't do anything, there is no guilt since i haven't made the list yet.

    ReplyDelete