Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

love this


this picture has nothing to do with this post.
these two were wanting their own "chore charts",
so this is their proud display

I was catching up on adoption blogs this morning, and one blog I read quoted this other blog, so I can't properly give the author credit.

But man, it just summed up so well what is so hard to put into words. I wanted to share with you all.

"One post stuck out in its honesty and clarity. The mom was talking about the whirlwind of bringing home two adopted boys into a busy house of many other children, and the exhaustion and difficulty of everything that had to be done. She summed it up perfectly in these words:

I have come to realize something that is hard to admit. Their arrival has revealed the level of selfishness still in all of us, the lack of true patience, the limits of our love, the shallowness of our peace, the hold that circumstance still has on our joy, basically-- the degree to which Christ has not yet been fully formed in us."

So well put. Christ has not yet been fully formed in me in so many areas. This adoption, with all of its blessings and the RICHNESS it has added to our lives, has really pointed that out, and I resist being told that I am not "there" yet. But it is the truth whether it is revealed or not, so wouldn't I welcome the opportunity to grow? to be stretched?

Thank you, God, for entrusting us with hard things. For loving me enough to point out the ways that I fall short, so I can grow more into Your likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment